IF YOU’RE LOOKING TO JOIN A WINNING TEAM, WE’D LOVE TO TALK!
Job openings vary from week to week, but our current openings are listed below. For more information, call Julia Snow in Human Resources at 800.468.9466 x7198 or 712.428.7198.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at:
WinnaVegas Casino Resort
1500 330th St
Sloan, IA, 51055
Applications are kept on file for 90 days.
Must be able to obtain a gaming license.
Current Job Openings
Responsible for the development, production and visual design for the Winnavegas Casino website, including e-commerce, online communities and communication tolls. Include establishing the company’s identity, look and feel, proposing designs, creating prototypes, designing and developing information architecture. Will work closely with departmental managers on various aspects of the website. Create ads, for newspaper, magazines, etc.
1. Create promotional material such as flyers, signs, posters, T-shirts, etc.
2. Responsible for the assistance of coordinating collateral materials and/or product to insure success of promotions.
3. Helps with aspects of set-up, decorations, pre-promotion, and advertisement for each promotion planned.
4. Edit and create and assist with the materials for promotional events, such as, monthly drawings, concerts, fine dining, bingo, and all other activities.
5. Communicate regularly with management staff and marketing, via email, staff meetings, to coordinate dissemination of materials.
6. Update “WinnaVegas Casino Website” on regular and timely basis.
7. Provides the Marketing Manager with weekly, monthly reports concerning website changes, i.e., promotion changes, employment opportunities, dining room specials, etc.
8. Assist the promotion coordinators to maintain streamline sales department record keeping, accounting, and passenger analysis record.
9. Assist with developing advertising campaign and possess the ability to speak on a microphone in public.
10. Oversees social media outlets.
11. Continuously customizes and edits the website to enhance user experience.
12. Assists the Graphic Artist with projects, as needed.
13. Read, understand and adhere to Winnebago Gaming Compact and Winnebago Tribe Gaming Code and Personnel Rules and Regulations.
14. Must attend all meetings and/or training as directed by management.
15. Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. College degree preferred.
3. Expertise in current Internet standards, including Web browsers and browser specifications.
5. Experience with managing website content.
6. Working knowledge of networking technologies, including security and encryption on the Internet, and basic networking concepts.
7. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and support staff.
8. Leadership skills and abilities.
9. Must be able to obtain gaming license.
10. Bi-cultural experience preferred.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Must have a telephone.
2. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
3. Independent problem solving skills; flexibility to meet tight deadlines.
4. Must possess excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills.
5. Must be able to withstand a smoky environment for extended periods of time, with direct exposure to secondhand smoke.
**Please include resume and portfolio**
Bingo Cashier/Floor WalkerDETAILS
The Bingo Cashier/Floor Walker shall be in charge of selling entry packets and bingo sheets, receiving, handling and reconciling money at all bingo sessions and calling back winning bingo numbers and assisting bingo players during bingo sessions.
- Counts and assures the accuracy of all issued inventory and cash at the start and end of each session
- Returns all monies and unsold inventory to the session supervisor
- Keeps his or her area neat and orderly throughout the bingo session
- Performs general clean up at the session’s end
- Performs payout duties
- Is responsible for all money in the cash register for each session
- Has the proper amount of change on hand for each register
- Is held accountable for all double-counts of tills for each session
- Reconciles the money from each session
- Must be able to interact successfully with associates and guests
Provides excellent guest service while exchanging currency for coin, check cashing and verification, cashing in chips and players club coupons.
- Makes change, cashes checks, and cashes in coin for customers and employees in a
- Provides prompt, friendly and courteous service.
- Records amount received and prepares reports of transaction.
- Verifies paperwork and dispenses monies for jackpot/fills.
- Balances and account for all cash, chips, tokens and checks, recording all information on
the appropriate forms.
- Must learn all banks ranging from cashier window to master bank.
- Proficient with all aspects of Oasis System (Super Play Mate) Player Tracing System.
- Enrolls guests in Club Winn membership, assists guests using Club Winn cards.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of all Casino activities, events, promotions, and services offered to WinnaVegas guests.
- Ensures that all “Players Club Situation Forms” and “Guest Complaint Forms” are taken and filled out completely by the cashier and turned over to the cage supervisor immediately.
- Issues tills for Casino departments, as needed.
- Read, understand and adhere to Gaming Compact and Winnebago Tribe Gaming Code, Rules and Regulations, Internal Controls, Standard Operating Procedures, Departmental Rules.
- Must attend all meetings and/or training as directed by management.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Comprehensive computer skills.
3. Six months to one year related experience or training.
4. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
5. Good organizational and clerical skills required.
6. Must be able to obtain gaming license.
7. Bi-cultural experience preferred.
8. Native American preference.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Must have a telephone.
2. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
3. Must be able to withstand a smoky environment for extended periods of time, with direct exposure to secondhand smoke.
Count Team AssociateDETAILS
Weighs, wraps, and counts all monies collected from slot machines or table games by performing the following duties:
- Computes and records totals of monies counted
- Examines and sorts coins, tokens, and currency
- Moves chips, tokens, coins, and currency to storage, cashiers, or safe
**Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs**
Responsible for maintaining clean and sanitary facilities.
JOB DUTIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Cleans hotel rooms quickly, neatly, and efficiently
- Ensures guest room corridors are clean
- Maintains a neat and clean cart, equipment, storage rooms, and supplies
- Labels and submits all lost and found items to the housekeeping supervisor
- Creates a courteous, friendly, and professional work environment
- Ensures compliance with safety and sanitation standards
- Executes a deep cleaning programApproaches all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Ensures that all guest rooms, public areas, and back of the house work areas meet the established standards of cleanliness
Performs essential cleaning functions and properly maintains all areas of the casino and grounds in an attractive and orderly manner.
- Performs routine cleaning duties such as sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, washing windows/walls/brass/waste receptacles, trash collection, sidewalk snow removal/de-icer, etc.
- Responsible for properly sanitizing and cleaning restrooms, and regularly stocking with supplies
- Must adhere to proper methods for cleaning and safety procedures, which include chemical use, bloodborne pathogens, and lifting/moving heavy objects/furniture
- Always performs duties in a positive and professional manner, and be friendly and courteous to guests and
- Performs duties of the shampoo crew and/or scrub crew as needed.
(Housekeeping) Shampoo/Scrub CrewDETAILS
Performs essential daily and routine cleaning functions to properly maintain all hard surface floor areas of the casino in an attractive and orderly manner. Performs regular shampoo cleaning of all carpeted office areas and cloth furniture. Performs floor prep work, prepares the floor for shampooing and scrubbing of casino floor, bingo floor, kitchen and hard surface areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, buffing, stripping and waxing of all hard surface floors throughout the casino and annex
- Performs routine cleaning duties such as vacuuming, shampooing and stain/gum removal of all carpeted areas, cloth chairs, booths, stools and tables
- Responsible for properly sanitizing hard surface floor areas in the kitchen, buffet (front/back), snack bar, bar and restrooms on a daily basis
- Must adhere to proper methods for cleaning and safety procedures, which include chemical use and lifting/moving heavy objects/appliances
- Always performs duties in a positive and professional manner; is friendly and courteous to guests and associates
- Performs regular duties of Housekeeping Porters as needed
Guest Service AttendantDETAILS
Responsible for providing outstanding guest services to WinnaVegas guests. Performs a variety of guest service functions including club card greeter, gift shop attendant, box office attendant, casino floor and front door greeter.
- Proficient with all aspects of CasinoTrac system
- Enrolls guest in Club Winn membership, assist guest on using Club Winn cards
- Works casino floor for Club Winn enrollment and assistance to Club Winn members
- Responsible for selling tickets for Marketing events as well as Hotel/Resort packages
- Assist with ticket scanning for events
- Works events on property, as assigned
- Performs coat check duties
- Proficient with cash register, ability to make change
- Able to reconcile a till after each shift
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of all casino activities, events, promotions and services offered to guests
- Directly responsible to oversee the game room and making sure waivers are completely filled out
- Proficient with all aspects of the golf simulator and making sure waivers are completely filled out.
(Maintenance) Water Treatment Operator (Level III)DETAILS
**Must be certified**
Performs essential maintenance and repair functions to ensure efficient mechanical operations and proper upkeep of all areas of the casino facilities and grounds in an orderly and attractive manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trouble shoots, repairs, installs, monitors and maintains plumbing, sewage and water systems and fixtures while using the proper hand and/or power tools
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance schedules on a routine basis for the purpose of identifying potential hazards and repairs
- Performs routine clean up of assigned work areas and maintenance shop areas
- Must be able to comprehend and follow basic instructions, and adhere to all policies and procedures of the casino and department
- Requests materials, supplies and equipment for the purpose of ensuring that adequate materials are available to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Completes all routine paperwork and shift reports on a daily basis
- Ability to read and comprehend from verbal instructions, blueprints and/or working drawings
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to proper safety methods for equipment/tool operation, chemical use, construction practices and lifting techniques without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Must show the ability to prioritize work orders and requests that best fits the maintenance department and the casino.
Performs essential security functions to ensure the facilities and property are a safe, secure and orderly environment for guests and shall operate such in accordance with the Gaming Code adopted by the Winnebago Gaming Commission and the Winnebago Tribal Council.
- Performs regular casino duties according to established procedures, patrols and secures all areas of casino property, and maintains proper post assignments according to daily rotation schedule
- Completes reports for all casino incidents on appropriate form and routes to supervisor
- Responds to emergencies on casino property according to established procedures, watches for and reports all safety hazards, and cooperates with tribal/local law enforcement officers as required
- Must keep informed of all casino activities and promotions, must possess good public relations skills, and be courteous and helpful to guests and associates at all times
- Must complete and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- Must complete and maintain Fire Extinguisher training
- Must satisfactorily complete 40-hour security orientation
- Must have a telephone
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (preferred); if unable to possess or obtain the officer will not be allowed to operate company vehicles
- Must be insurable by casino insurance company
- Must be able to stand / walk for up to eight hours per shift
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Must be able to withstand a smoky environment for extended periods of time, with direct exposure to secondhand smoke
Slot Floor AttendantDETAILS
Responsible for maintaining good customer service concerning operation of machines within the established standards of the department and shall operate such in accordance with the ordinance adopted by the Winnebago Gaming Commission and the Winnebago Tribal Council.
- Resets minor malfunctions on slot machines
- Maintains security and accountability of funds entrusted
- Ensures all facilities and equipment are functioning properly within the department
- Greets customers and sees that players are properly hosted
- Verifies Open/Close and Buys for all banks
- Maintains good customer relations
- Always performs duties in a positive and professional manner
- Performs designated fill duties as assigned
**Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs**
(Surveillance) Assistant Technician / IT SupportDETAILS
Will install and maintain closed circuit television equipment, including but not limited to: video cameras, monitors and recording equipment. Will keep an accurate log of all activities during the shift. Will address and resolve IT issues within the department; the majority of time will be spent assisting the Lead Technician.
- Ensures all CCTV systems and backup systems are working properly
- Installs CCTV equipment according to the latest revisions of the “National Electrical Codes”, “National Television Standards Committee” and “National Manufactures Association”
- Knows and comprehends basic electronic troubleshooting equipment
- Understands basic video installation techniques
- Familiar with CCTV applications regarding gaming and physical security
- Ensures daily maintenance to ensure no loss to video
- Required to fill in as an operator as needed
- Repairs, maintains, and monitors equipment pertaining to the Surveillance department
*Prior IT Support experience.
*Surveillance experience preferred.
*Must have knowledge of tools that are used in CCTV installation and preventive maintenance of CCTV equipment.
*Must have electronic and mechanical knowledge.
*Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
*Must be able to function under stressful conditions.
*Good organizational and clerical skills required.
*Must be able to lift 75lbs.
*Will be required to use ladder up to 25 feet in height
*Must be able to work in small areas
*Must be able to work well in awkward positions
*Must be willing to be on call and willing to work occasional overtime
Responsible for the daily shift operations within the department and shall operate such in accordance with the Gaming Code adopted by the Winnebago Gaming Commission and the Winnebago Tribal Council. Observation of Casino activities with the use of the Surveillance Monitor Room equipment, preparing daily reports, logs, tapes, etc.
- Operates CCTV system during their assigned shift
- Maintains constant vigilance for cheaters, scams and embezzlement
- Observes procedure compliance and/or policy violations
- Reports all violations to the respective Shift Supervisor
- Logs information as directed in the employee information files
- Is familiar with casino departmental “Policies and Procedures”
**Must have Table Games knowledge**
**Must be able to sit through the duration of the shift**